The Ethical Principles
The ethical principles of Royal Tea & Coffee Innovations
These principles pertain to the following themes:
- Loyalty: trust is a core tenet of all our relationships with both clients and employees.
- Respect for all: we respect and appreciate the choices people make, regardless of their heritage, age, gender, religious beliefs and life choices. We also act in accordance with the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Transparency: we make sure to keep our clients, employees and shareholders informed in a clear and accurate manner about our products and services.
- Commercial integrity: we take measures against any and all practices that violate the principles of honesty, integrity and equality.
- Corruption and unfair business practices perpetrated by one of our employees will not be accepted. This applies to all members of our staff.
- Child labour: we act in accordance with Dutch labour laws. For products that are produced abroad, we are critical with regard to the use of child labour and we push partners to reject any and all child labour in the production of products.
The environmental principles of Royal Tea & Coffee Innovations
At RT & CI, we strive to minimise the environmental impact of our business operations.
- At minimum, we act in accordance with Dutch legal requirements. If the scope of our clients’ standards exceeds that of Dutch legislation, we will adopt the former instead.
Our environmental principles include the following:
- We strive to minimise our waste production. To this end, we separate our company waste into cardboard, plastic and residual waste streams. These streams are collected separately and reused as much as possible.
- We strive to reduce our energy consumption. We do everything we can to avoid the unnecessary use of - in particular - electricity. Machines and lights are turned off when not in use.
- We strive towards continuous improvement with regard to our use of materials and resources. With regard to packaging materials, we are ramping up our use of biodegradable plastics. With regard to resources, we are actively searching for the availability of e.g. UTZ-certified products.